With your financial support, each grant awarded has the power to reach
across the entire district, influence every curriculum and touch every student.
Here is a sampling of our 2010/2011 school year grants:
At Mamaroneck High School
- Computers, cameras and darkroom equipment to update curriculum
and accommodate digital applications in the Photography Program
- State-of-the-art physics lab equipment, workstations and
improvements for the Original Science Research program
- Scoreboard and updated sound system for the new all-weather
- GPS systems for the SafeRides program to help volunteers meet their
destinations quickly, accurately and safely.
At Hommocks Middle School
- Twelve new Smart Boards for the entire Science Department allowing
an integrated curriculum approach
- Fifteen new iPod Touch units for the Podcasting Studio connecting an
entire science class wirelessly to the Internet, providing lesson
enhancements with videos, images and audio clips.
- High-interest historical and non fiction books to engage students
increasing the depth and breadth of collaborative Team teaching.
- Feasibility Study and architectural drawings to help realize
Hommocks’ dream of installing a greenhouse as a learning center
At the Elementary Schools
- Document cameras to capture teachable moments at all four
- Student-favorite “Playaway” audio books at Central School
- Sustainability education for Chatsworth Avenue through an outdoor
classroom/garden and ecological foot printing program
- Curriculum-related trunks for third and fourth graders at Mamaroneck
Avenue to encourage them to speculate, think critically and synthesize
information from multiple sources.
- Smart Boards for three fifth grade classrooms at Murray